Skip to main content


All students must have current immunizations in order to enter or remain in school. Please bring most current records when registering for school. 

Free immunization services are provided at Public Health offices. More information can be found here.

Health Screenings

Health screens are completed yearly for Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 3rd, and for students new to APS. These screenings include vision, hearing, height/weight, and dental depending on grade-level.

If you would like to opt out from having your child screened, please notify the health office in writing. 

School Nurse


Any student who has a fever (100.4 degrees or above) may not return to school until they have been without fever for 24 hours – without the use of fever reducing medication such as Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Aspirin.

Students who have persistent vomiting or diarrhea should remain home until they can tolerate a meal without stomach upset.

If any of the above (or serious injury) occur at school, the health office will contact the parent/guardian for student pick-up. Please ensure your contact information is up to date. 

Medications at School

If your child requires medications at school, the proper form must be completed and signed by a physician yearly - see health office form links to the left. 

All medications provided for use in the health office should be include the prescription label. Over the counter medications should be in a new, unopened bottle. We cannot accept expired medications.  

Parents are required to pick up all medications at the end of the school year or the medications will be discarded by health office staff. Reminders will be sent home mid-May.

Specific Information Regarding Forms: 

  • Asthma Action Plan: For students requiring an inhaler or nebulizer at school. Students needing to use a nebulizer will need to provide their own mask and tubing along with their medication.
  • Allergy Action Plan: For students who have an epinephrine auto injector ("Epi-Pen"). 
  • OTC Medication or Short-Term Medication Form: To be completed by parents for over-the-counter medication use (Tylenol, Benadryl, etc.) or Short-Term prescriptions such as antibiotics. 
  • Long-Term Medication Form: For students who take a medication daily, require a daily procedure during school hours, or for other emergency medications (ex: glucagon, diastat). 
  • Special Diet Authorization Form: For students who need special diet considerations (allergies, sensitivities, etc.) and who participate in school-provided breakfast and lunch.
Together NM - Message from DOH
Nursing Staff
  Rebecca Hlad Nurse
Contact Us

Phone: 505-298-3010 ext 25203 or 25205

Fax: 505-291-6868

Office Hours

Monday through Friday:
7:30 AM – 2:30 PM

Health Information

Health Insurance

APS' Medicaid Department is available to help families enroll in Medicaid or refer for other eligible services. Please call 505-855-5261 or 505-855-9820 (for Spanish speakers) for more information.